Grant funds have been exhausted and applications are closed as of May 28, 2020.
Small businesses have been especially hard hit by the pandemic and resulting restrictions. In response, the City of Gulf Breeze and Santa Rosa County Economic Development are partnering to launch a new grant program to help local small businesses.
- Any for-profit, privately held small businesses that maintain a place of business within the city limits of Gulf Breeze, Florida, and established on, or before, January 1, 2019.
- Your business must maintain a store-front or have been in operation for a minimum of five years within Gulf Breeze, Florida.
- Your business must have been profitable prior to the COVID-19 disaster as indicated on financial documents.
- The business must have a demonstrated reduction in sales revenues of 25% or greater due to the loss of business income related to COVID-19. Must provide written justification of economic loss or injury caused as a result of the declared disaster, e.g. sales or income from a previous year compared to the current period. Please provide documentation of a reduction of sales revenues.
- A small business with no more than 20 employees.
GULF BREEZE GRANT DOCUMENT CHECKLIST
- Request for Consulting
(Complete online at www.sbdc.uwf.edu)
- Completed Gulf Breeze Grant Application
- Required supporting documents
- Sunbiz Printout for the business
- Copy of Driver’s license or US Passport for each individual signing on the grant application
By supporting our local small businesses, we’re confident the funds the city contributes will remain local when the grants are awarded. The application is simple, and the grant monies will be distributed quickly. While this grant program is not a long-term solution, we hope it will help local businesses get through this time until the larger assistance programs will be available, and this pandemic has ended.